Sunday, June 2, 2013

OOAK Fairy Doll Wings

So I am in the process of making 3 pair of custom fairy wings and I thought I would share some that I am working on. Making wings is one of my favorite things to do when it comes to the OOAK fairy dolls.

I also love to experience with different ways to make the wings too as well as different mediums. I think the traditional transparent wings, vellum wings, and fantasy film wings are absolutely beautiful but I want more than just those ways. I also like wings that are decorated on both sides and look the same. Sometimes when you are using fantasy film, it is only on one side.

I have tried so many different ways in making wings and my favorite so far is with tissue paper. I also like using bleeding tissue paper because that is what I use to color them at times. The colors blend so well together!

The only thing is I feel my wings are too plain and I have a hard time decorating them and feeling good about it. I know I am hard on myself but I have got to get past this brain fog when it comes time to decorate.

The first pair of wings I made with pearl ex powders and mulberry paper. The other pair I made using mulberry paper too and alcohol inks. This was the first time experimenting with alcohol inks and it was a bit of an experience. Well, I hope you enjoy.

 
 

Enjoy and if you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Thank you, Cassie


No comments:

Post a Comment