Sunday, November 3, 2013

Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin Tutorial

Ok, I finally had some time to post my how-to on carving a super cool Minecraft Creeper Pumpkin.

I didn't get to take too many "in process" pictures but I think what I have will help. I think that if you don't have a general idea on how to carve a pumpkin then maybe you shouldn't follow this tutorial. :)

My son absolutely LOVES Minecraft!!! I will be posting pictures soon on a how too make a Minecraft Ghast Costume for Halloween.






Supplies

pumpkin
Creeper template (or draw your own)
Carving utensils
imagination
Paint (if desired)


Instructions
1. I cut out a template I made and then taped it onto the pumpkin so that I could trace it lightly onto the pumpkin.



2. Then I cut out the top to make a lid. (Don't forget to save the lid so that you can place it back on the pumpkin later.

3. Take out all of the stuffing in the pumpkin and save it for later to make pumpkin pie or to plant seeds next spring!!

4. Then, start cutting out the face that you traced. I didn't take a picture of this part but you get the idea.

Next, if you have a curious 6 year old that is FULL of questions-you will probably have to answer a few questions such as this one that my 6 year old asked me…

Son: "Mommy is this pumpkin still alive?"
Me: "What do you mean, he never was alive except for on the vine."
Son: "Yes he was. Now he isn't alive anymore because you took his guts out" What are we going to do now" I bet he is hurting really bad."

I had a hard time answering that….. LOL.


5. We coated our pumpkin with a  acrylic varnish and let it dry REALLY well before we lit it with a candle. We did this to help the pumpkin last a little longer.

Here is our Creeper pumpkin! (Yes, he is sitting on our toilet, and this is because our bathroom has no windows and we wanted it dark. :) )

We did one more step…...



6. We painted the pumpkin green on the outside and then just the sides of the mouth black to match the creeper colors.

We LOVED the end results! My boys loved it and that is what counts!




#minecraft #creeper #minecraftcrafts #halloween #pumpkincarving #crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment