Saturday, August 10, 2013

Free Pillow Box Tutorial and Printable Papercraft

Well, as you know, digital scrapbooking is one of my passions and so I am experimenting and playing around with different things I can make besides the traditional layouts with pictures.

Pillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative Crafts


I use different elements and papers from various designers and their kits. If you ever need or want to know where I got the kits from or who the designers are, contact me and I will be glad to give them to you. Someday my goal will be to be able to design my own kits and the elements and papers within them. I am currently taking some online classes at www.hummiesworld.com. Hummie and the whole group are fantastic! They are so supportive and caring and really want you to learn.

Well first, before I get into the pillow box tutorial and printable, I want to share my first true layout I did. I am proud that I was able to blend the photo into the background but my creativeness was lacking when it came time to embellish with the elements. I spent too much time on it because searching through all of my elements, papers, etc. is extremely time consuming. I have been reading about 'how to organize' my digital kits. It isn't easy as one would think if you already have a bunch of kits before you started organizing. I hope someday I will be organized.

So here is my first true layout I did with a picture of my oldest son. We were out on the trail bird watching to check it off our list for his cub scouts to obtain his next badge.

For this layout, I used several different elements and papers from different designer kits. I will be more than happy to share the designer names with you if you would like them.


So, on to the pillow box tutorial and printable.


Supplies

Tooth pick

Pillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative Crafts
You need glue (I used glue-all)
You also need clear glossy lacquer or varnish


Next, you need a printer.

Now here is the template of the pillow box I made and I am going to share with you.

Pillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative Crafts
 Keep in mind that you will need to adjust the box to the size you want. This size is a smaller size. However, you can just resize it if you want it bigger.

You will also need a thicker paper to print it on. I used card stock. However, I also think it would really look good on a glossy or matte cardstock or photo paper.


First, click on the template I have created above.

Right click on it and save to your computer.

Then adjust it to the size you desire using any photo editing software.

Set your printer on the best quality so that it prints looking the best.

Next, get the clear glossy lacquer or spray varnish and lightly spray the box before you cut it out.

Let it dry completely.

Once dry, cut out the template and fold on each dotted line (except the dotted line right in the middle of the box) you will want that to just be rounded instead of folded with a crease. 

Pillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative Crafts
see the creases. That is how it is to be folded. 
If you look at the template above, you will see the tab at the bottom with dotted lines, fold it and then using a toothpick, put glue on that tab and spread it evenly with a toothpick and then connect it with the other side of the template and let dry. Hold that side in place using a pencil or paintbrush.

Once dry, put some matching tissue paper inside with the gift you are giving to someone special then close us the ends overlapping each other while making sure to have folded them exactly with the dotted lines. 

Another cute idea you could do is take a scalpel and very carefully cut around the flower petals just enough to make them stick up a bit and look more 3D or realistic. You could do that to the blue tag I put in there too. There are so many things you could do with it!


Pillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative CraftsPillow box freebie and printable. property of Cassie's Creative Crafts











 I hope  you enjoy this pillow box as much as I enjoyed making it. 

#free #printable #papercraft #digitalscrapbooking #crafttutorial #DIY #pillowboxcraft #pillowboxtutorial #pillowboxtemplate


No comments:

Post a Comment